- Kate's Comments
- How to Use
- Product Reviews
Stop Fighting Lint, Streaks and Fingerprints.
What Can You Clean with the e-cloth ® Glass & Polishing Cloth?
- windows (try it on your French Doors!)
- car dash, windows and mirrors
- granite countertops
- glass stovetops
- stainless steel
- faucets and shower fixtures
- glass shower doors
- ANYTHING Shiny!
- Note: Although a fine weave, the Glass & Polishing e-cloth ® is NOT meant to be used on TV or computer screens. Please use the e-cloth Screen Cleaning Pack instead to clean and protect your expensive screen.
All e-cloth ® cloths and mop pads come with a satisfaction guarantee and a 300-washings performance warranty. Click here for more information on our great Guarantee and Returns.
All e-cloth ® cloths and mop pads can be washed in your washing machine with low lint items (like jeans). Cold water will work, but hot water is recommended to allow the fibers to open and release dirt and grease.
- any detergent (without bleach)
- NO BLEACH
- NO FABRIC SOFTENER
- For more information (and my personal tips) on caring and washing your ecloth products, click here.
Why Switch to e-cloth ® from your Usual Window Cleaning Method?Cleaning that saves you money – no paper towels or household chemicals to buy. Ecloth performance is guaranteed for 300 machine washings.
Why Kate Likes the Glass & Polishing e-cloth ®
- I like that I can clean my bathroom mirror without worrying about chemical sprays falling onto my toothbrush.
- We've got a new shower with glass doors and the Glass & Polishing cloth has been great for keeping the doors streak free and for keeping the hard water and soap scum stains at bay.
- It's a manageable size and slides easily over windows and mirrors (unlike the window cloths of some of our competitors).
- I find it really useful in our car for quickly cleaning the dash and the haze off the inside of the windshield
How is this Different from the General Purpose e-cloth ®?
The Glass & Polishing e-cloth ® has a very fine weave and feels almost silky to the touch. It is not "shaggy" at all. It will remove over 99% of bacteria, but like it's name implies, it's meant for "polishing" rather than deep cleaning. It's generally used AFTER you've used a General Purpose e-cloth (or any of our bathroom, shower, kitchen e-cloths)
Do You Need More than 1 Glass & Polishing e-cloth ®?
You can polish a lot with a single Glass & Polishing e-cloth ®. If you're in a small apartment or house with only a few windows and mirrors, one will be fine. But if you're in a larger house with lots of shiny stuff you might want to invest in a few. I would recommend:
- one for bathroom cleaning if you have: large mirrors, glass shower doors, lots of beautiful shiny faucets, granite countertops, etc.
- one for kitchen cleaning if you have: a shiny counter (granite, quartz, engineered stone etc.), stainless steel appliances, and/or a glass stove top.
- one for the rest of the house and/or windows
- Most of our "packs" come with a Glass & Polishing e-cloth and you can save a little money that way. (like the bathroom pack, shower pack, kitchen pack, stainless pack, window pack, etc.)
Do You Need Any Other e-cloths ®?
The Glass & Polishing e-cloth ® is really only meant for "polishing". You can clean your windows and mirrors etc. with it if they're not particularly dirty. For the "heavy" cleaning, you'll want something shaggier than can pick up more dirt/grime/grease, such as a General Purpose cloth.
As I mentioned above, the Glass & Polishing e-cloth is included with a number of our "packs" so if you're looking at a particular cleaning task you can save a bit of money by purchasing a pack instead of the two cloths separately.
How to Use the e-cloth ® Glass & Polishing Cloth
- Spray the surface with a mist of water and then wipe clean with the e-cloth ® Glass & Polishing Cloth OR
- For dirtier areas, wipe the surface with a damp General Purpose Cloth and then "polish" with a dry Glass & Polishing Cloth
If you're noticing watermarks or streaks after you use the Glass & Polishing Cloth:
- the cloth is too wet
- the surface is too dirty. Use a damp General Purpose Cloth to remove the dirt, grease, grime first and then "polish" with the Glass & Polishing Cloth
- the cloth is removing layers of old cleansers. If you're new to e-cloth ® and had used chemical cleansers/window cleaning sprays in the past, there will be some buildup of these cleansers on the surface. Use a damp General Purpose Cloth first to remove the buildup and then polish with the Glass & Polishing Cloth.