- Kate's Comments
- How to Use
- Product Reviews
Voted BEST WASHABLE MOP by REALSIMPLE Magazine!
If you've got pets and/or kids, this is the mop for you! Muddy footprints, pet hair, spills and "accidents" are all cleaned in a jiffy with the e-cloth ® Deep Clean Microfiber Mop.
The ecloth ® DAMP mop pad (included with the mop) removes over 99% of bacteria and cleans up everything from muddy footprints, to crayon marks, to
grease, to spilled liquids. The e-cloth ® microfiber DUST mop pad (sold separately) is wonderful for daily "sweeping" and cleanups and is better than any broom you'll ever buy.
And it's got an adjustable telescopic handle so it'll fit everyone from the kids to dad!
$12 shipping surcharge on orders to Alaska and outside the USA.
1 e-cloth ® Damp Mop Pad (blue): 14 X 44 cm 80% Polyester / 20% Polyamide
1 Telescopic handle - Aluminum (super lightweight and sturdy)
1 Base: Aluminum with Velcro® Strips - swivels 360 degrees
What's NOT included?
- The washable Dust Mop Pad is not included but is great for everyday "sweeping", especially if you're dealing with a lot of pet hair.
- Cleans all hard floor surfaces - cork, vinyl, laminate, hard & softwood, stone, ceramic, tile, marble, linoleum and concrete
- Penetrates and removes dirt, grease, oil, grime and over 99% of bacteria using just water, no harsh chemicals needed
- Eliminates chemical residue - especially important to families with young children who spend time motoring at floor level
- 18" wide base cuts a wide swath across the floor, making the job go faster than other mops
- Gets into corners and hard to reach places other mops can't (like under your stove!)
- base swivels 360°
- Ergonomic, Telescoping handle design allows anyone in the family to comfortably mop the floor
- Dust Mop Pad (sold separately) can be used on floors, walls, and ceilings
- Machine-wash mop heads over and over while still maintaining their cleaning performance
- Mop extends from 34" to 61"
All e-cloth ® cloths and mop pads come with a satisfaction guarantee and a 300-washings performance warranty. Click here for more information on our great Guarantee and Returns.
All e-cloth ® cloths and mop pads can be washed in your washing machine with low lint items (like jeans). Cold water will work, but hot water is recommended to allow the fibers to open and release dirt and grease.
- any detergent (without bleach)
- NO BLEACH
- NO FABRIC SOFTENER
- For more information (and my personal tips) on caring and washing your ecloth products, click here
The e-cloth ® Deep Clean Mop will Change the Way you Clean your Floors
SAVE YOUR BACK - with e-cloth, there are no heavy buckets to lug around.
SAVE YOUR KIDS - with e-cloth, no cleaning solutions or chemicals means safer floors for crawling kids.
SAVE YOUR FLOORS - with e-cloth, the mop is barely wet so you won't ruin your wood floors!
SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT - ecloth mop pads are machine washable so no there's no waste. And did I mention you don't need any chemicals to clean your floors?
SAVE YOUR SANITY - the e-cloth microfiber mop easily maneuvers under and around furniture so you don't have to move things around as you clean!
The e-cloth ® Deep Clean Mop is a Whiz!
There really should be another word, because “mop” just doesn’t do justice to this ergonomic floor whiz! The sturdy aluminum handle is telescopic, adjusting to your wishes. The base swivels 360° so it gets into corners and hard to reach places other mops can’t. Then there’s the modern fiber technology that penetrates and removes dirt, grease, oil, grime and bacteria much better than common mops – and it does it with just water! Gone are the days of using “mystery” chemicals to push around dirt on your floors. Sounds too good to be true, but it’s not. You’ll see.
Easier, faster floor cleaning – having far more cleaning fibers per square inch than common mops, and a “wingspan” of almost 18 inches e-cloth ® Deep Clean microfiber mops remove more grime with each swipe. The mops are also lightweight and very maneuverable. Its sturdy, telescopic handle adjusts to fit your comfort level (as short as 3’5” or tall as 6’2” and every height in-between). All told, your floor cleaning is better, faster and easier.
Safer, chemical-free cleaning – there are no harmful chemicals or fumes because e-cloth uses fiber function to clean – not a chemical reaction. The e-cloth ® Deep Clean microfiber mops leave behind has no chemical residue – important to everybody, but especially to families with young children who spend a lot of time motoring at floor level.
Versatile floor cleaning – excellent on all flooring surfaces – vinyl, laminate, stone, ceramic, tile, hardwood, linoleum, concrete. Furthermore, the telescopic handle can also be extended to enable you to clean walls, ceilings and high windows. (See Dry Mop Head for non-wet floor cleaning.)
Money-saving cleaning – no cleaning chemicals to buy, and you’ll value from the durability of the sturdy aluminum handle and base that are all about sustainable living. The e-cloth ® Deep Clean Microfiber Mop will still be cleaning long after cheap plastic mops are in landfills. The e-cloth ® microfiber mop heads can be machine-washed over-and-over while still maintaining their cleaning performance
----> Firstly, PLEASE NOTE: a Damp Pad is included with the mop. <----
What Kate REALLY Likes about the e-cloth Mop
Really, I could rave about this mop all day long. It's hard to get excited about cleaning supplies but I truly think you can't go wrong with this mop.
- I don't need to lug around a bucket of water
- the Damp Pad (included) is used just barely wet so it's safe on my ancient wood floors and it doesn't leave streaks
- it's extremely lightweight (but sturdy) so I can mop one-handed while carrying a baby in the other arm
- it has a very low profile so I can clean right under my stove and fridge!
- the swivel (and low profile) make it extremely easy to mop around and under furniture so you don't have to move furniture around to clean your floors
- the Damp Pad (included) is EXTREMELY effective at cleaning up spills, dirt, grease around the stove, and dried up dog drool (you'll only know how annoying this is if you have a dog that drools - if not, trust me that it's not easy to clean up once it's dry plus it seems to attract every grain of dirt in the house)
- the Dusting Pad (sold separately)... I don't know where to start with this. I can't express in words my love for the Dusting Pad so I will just say that if you have pets, or kids, or floors that you usually "sweep" with a broom - just spend the extra $13.99 and get it. You'll love it.
Should You Also Buy the Dusting Pad?
The Damp Pad (included with the mop) does a great job of cleaning your floors, but before you use it, you'll need to get rid of most of the dust, sand, pet hair etc.
The Dusting Pad is used instead of a traditional broom or a vacuum and it is amazing (I'm not using that word lightly) at picking up pet hair and dust from the floors.
But do YOU need it?
- if you have a pet or kids that track in dirt from outside - get it! It works better than my vacuum.
- if you have a pet that sheds - get it! It's easier than the vacuum and doesn't make hair fly around like a broom does.
- If you LOVE to vacuum - don't get it
How Does the Pad Attach to the Mop?
With really strong velcro. Once the pad is on, it doesn't shift or move while you're mopping. It stays put.
Note: The deep clean mop pads (the blue damp one and the white dusting ones) do NOT fit on the Flexi-edge Floor and Wall Duster.
How Does this Compare to the Norwex Mop?
I'm so glad you asked... I posted a blog entry about this (with lots of good pics) some time ago. But as an FYI, the e-cloth mop pads will fit on the Norwex mop and vice versa.
Do You Need an Extra Damp Pad?
Chances are you'll be fine with the one damp pad that comes with the mop but here are a couple of reasons why you may want more than one:
- It's very handy to have an extra pad if you're mopping a lot of floor surface. That way you can have one soaking/rinsing while you're using the other one
- If you damp mop your floors frequently but want to limit the number of times you do laundry
Do You Need Just the Mop or One of the Mop Packages?
- If you already have a lot of e-cloths and just need the mop, then just get the mop (and a dust pad!)
- If you already have a lot of e-cloths and want the mop PLUS some extra pads - then the Floor Cleaning Set is for you!
- If you're looking to purchase some cloths and a mop, then I'd recommend the Real Simple Set. This will save you a LOT of money.
How to Use the e-cloth ® Mop
slightly dampen the fiber mop pad (the blue one). If you can wring water out of it, it's far too wet.
place the damp mop pad onto the base of the mop
lightly move the e-cloth mop in a figure-eight motion
LET THE FIBERS DO THE WORK - unless there are persistant, sticky spots on your floor, mopping with the e-cloth mop should take very little effort. You shouldn't have to scrub.
For sticky spots (like jam, dried up juice, dog drool, etc.), put some pressure on the base of the e-cloth mop with your foot and go back and for a couple of times.
If you find the e-cloth mop is leaving streaks on your floor, IT'S TOO WET!
If you have pets (or a lot of dust) in your house, I recommend using the ecloth DUST Mop Pad (sold separately) first to "sweep" the floor