The General Purpose e-cloth ® was
Voted BEST MICROFIBER CLOTH by REALSIMPLE Magazine
What can you clean with the General Purpose e-cloth®?
- Use your e-cloth ® dry to dust. It'll even pick up drywall dust!
- Use your e-cloth ® wet to clean:
- the fridge - inside and out
- outdoor furniture
- walls and light switches
- the kitchen garbage can
- the ENTIRE bathroom!
- the high chair
- the inside of your car
- the microwave - inside and out
- the ENTIRE Kitchen - applicances, cupboards, inside drawers, and counters
- carpet, upholstery and clothing stains
- sticky price tags off of merchandise
- ceiling fans
- EVERY type of countertop
- BBQ shelving
- Glass fireplace/woodstove doors
- soap scum
- keep going...!
All e-cloth ® microfiber cloths and mop pads come with a satisfaction guarantee and a 300-washings performance warranty. Click here for more information on our great Guarantee and Returns.
All e-cloth ® microfiber cloths and mop pads can be washed in your washing machine with low lint items (like jeans). Cold water will work, but hot water is recommended to allow the fibers to open and release dirt and grease.
- any detergent (without bleach)
- NO BLEACH
- NO FABRIC SOFTENER
- For more information (and my personal tips) on caring and washing your ecloth products, click here.
Why e-cloth ® instead of your usual cleaning method?
Why Kate Likes the General Purpose e-cloth ®
- This is just a simple cloth but I use it EVERYWHERE. It has no bells or whistles other than the fact that it cleans things really well and really easily. I use them daily for everything from spilled milk to dirty walls, to cleaning out my washing machine.
- I like to keep one in the car for "emergencies". They're great for cleaning up spills (or throwup) and will very quickly clean your dash and windows.
- I like the price on these. They're cheap enough that you can get a few so that you can always have one on hand when some are being laundered.
Do You Need More than 1 General Purpose e-cloth ®?
You can do a lot with one General Purpose e-cloth ®, but frankly, I think you'll want 4 - especially if you don't have any other e-cloths. With 4 you can have one for your bathroom(s), one for the kitchen, one for the rest of the house, and an extra for when the others are being laundered.
I'm not trying to sell you extra cloths. I do really think that you'll be happy with 4. You can save a bit of money and get 4 for the price of 3 with our e-cloth General Purpose Pack.
Do You Need Any Other e-cloths ®?
Hmmm. This is a tough one. Generally, you can clean everything with the General Purpose e-cloth but:
- If you deal with sticky stuff in your kitchen on a regular basis, you may want to consider the Kitchen Cloth (my favorite cloth for the kitchen), which has a little scrubby in one corner
- The General Purpose cloth will leave some moisture behind on the surface that may result in watermarks or streaks on shiny surfaces like granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, glass stove tops, windows, mirrors, etc. If you're cleaning shiny surfaces, I recommend investing a little extra money in a Glass & Polishing Cloth. You can save a bit of money by purchasing the Starter Value Pack.
- For dusting, the General Purpose cloth will work well, but the Dusting Cloths work a lot better.
How to Use the General Purpose e-cloth ®
Cleaning really doesn't get easier than this!
- For dusting, use the cloth dry. Fold it in half and then in half again and then just start dusting. As one side gets full, flip to another side. When you're done, brush the cloth off and you can use it again!
- For most other cleaning, I recommend using the General Purpose e-cloth damp (or spray the surface with water and wipe with the cloth)
- You'll feel the cloth drag a bit over dirty areas. Continue wiping gently until the cloth no longer drags.
- The General Purpose e-cloth will leave some moisture behind which may result in waterspots or streaks. If these concern you - particularly on shiny surfaces like windows/mirrors, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, glass cooktops, etc. - I recommend following up with a Glass & Polishing cloth. For a great value, you might want to consider the General Purpose 4-Pack or the Starter Value Pack.
NOTE: If streaks are left behind, your General Purpose ecloth is either too wet or it is removing old cleaner residues. If you've used chemical/commercial cleansers/polishes for cleaning in the past (particularly on your stainless steel appliances or wooden furniture), you may have to wipe several times with the General Purpose e-cloth to remove the spray residue. But stick with it! Your house, furniture and appliances will be cleaner than it ever was before!